* conducted during June and July pending successful permit application
- The number of stacks created will depend on the size of the area being cut and situational factors e.g. risk, prevailing weather conditions, type of vegetation, firefighting resources etc.
- Stacks should not be positioned closer than 50 metres to the urban edge.
- The basal diameter of stacks should not be more than 2,5 metres.
- The distance between the stacks should be at least 5 times the basal diameter.
- Only one stack at a time should be burnt.
- Tracer belts down to mineral soil of a minimum of one-metre width must be placed around each stack. This belt can be raked and the combustibles placed on the stack.
- Only branches of less than 70mm should be burnt. Large diameter branches at breast height should not be burnt but left in situ.